- Agricultural and Food Processing Wastes: the majority of which are currently either left to rot in the fields or burnt causing Environmental Damage that contributes towards Global Warming and Climate Change due to emissions of both Carbon Dioxide and Methane.
- Fuel Crops Grown on Marginal or Unproductive Lands as an Alternative Fuel Source.
- Managed Forestry and Re-Forestation generating biomass from rotational forestry management or trimmings.
- High Yield Crops where residual biomass is a significant proportion of the crop harvest.
- Delivers Climate Change Mitigation through the establishment of Agricultural and Food Processing Waste Management Best Practices in the collection and use of Biomass as an Indigenous, Alternative Fuel. The majority of these Wastes are currently either dumped, left to rot in the fields or burnt causing Environmental Damage contributing to Global Warming and Climate Change due to emissions of Carbon Dioxide and Methane.
- Delivers Climate Change Adaptation through Biomass Planting Strategies such as the GBC “River Bank Stabilization Program” which plants Biomass Crops along rivers to combat increased erosion and flooding attributed to Global Warming whilst providing significant “Livelihood” opportunities to the local community. GBC Forestation, Re-Forestation and the growing of Biomass Fuel Crops also rejuvenate Unproductive Land and Watersheds as well as act as efficient Carbon Sinks.
- Delivers the Displacement of Imported Fossil Fuels through the utilization of Biomass as an Indigenous Alternative Fuel replacement for Imported Fossil Fuels such as Oil and Coal. Indigenous Biomass obviates the necessity of the National Government utilizing precious Foreign Currency to purchase Imported Oil and Coal. GBC has contracted to supply Biomass Power Plants within the Philippines that directly displace Oil and Coal Power Generation.
- Delivers Additional Income to Farming and the Food Processing Industries as GBC purchases Biomass wastes from Food Processors such as Sugar and Rice Mills and collects and purchases Agricultural Wastes such as rice straw, corn straw, coconut and sugar cane residues to be processed and used as Biomass Fuels.
- Delivers Socio-Economic Development to the poorer areas of the Philippines through Employment and Economic Opportunity to our local host communities in Planting, Harvesting, Collecting, Transporting, Processing and Storing of Biomass Materials.
- Delivers Technology and Improved Profitability to the Agricultural Industry through the Purchase of Waste Biomass and utilization of Idle or Unproductive Lands. GBC Research and Development Laboratories constantly strive to optimize and improve 1) Cultivation, Planting & Harvest Solutions. 2) Collection, Transportation & Storage Solutions. 3) Mechanization & Post Harvest Solutions. 4) Biomass Conversion Solutions. 5) Organic Fertilizers derived from Biomass.
- Delivers Organic Fertilizers as GBC contracts with the Biomass Fuel users such as Biomass Power Plants to process ash to Organic Fertilizers that displace Chemical and Imported Fertilizers.